Welcome to the TrainDriver2 Wiki - here you can find instructions, tips and guides for learning and understanding how to use the different game modes of the simulator.
Current version: 2019.3.4 released on 30.12.2019, Installation instructions
- Rolling stock - List of wagons and engines available in the simulator.
- Sceneries - List of sceneries delivered in the main simulator package.
- Communication - List of chat-commands to be used while ingame.
- Key bindings - Description on the keybindings used in the simulator.
- Ranks - List of ranks used in multiplayer.
- Railway instructions - Information on regulations regarding signals and traffic operation on the PKP PLK train network.
- Locomotive EU07 - Starting and operating the EU07 electrical locomotive.
- Locomotive SM42 - Operating the SM42 diesel engine.
- Guide for train dispatchers - Instructions on how to start a scenery as dispatcher, spawning trains and starting dispatching mode.
- Rules for announcing trains to the next station
- Information diagram on how to send trains to the trail correctly
- Rules for issuing written orders
- Console generator for written orders
Creating new Sceneries
- Before you start building - useful information when planning a new scenery.
- Import of satellite images - instructuions for generating and importing satellite sleepers from geoportals into the editor.
- Semi-automatic UBase map generation system - information on using topographic maps or aerial photographs while building a scenery.
- Do’s and Don’ts when building sceneries for TD2 - Tips and examples of best practice were collected here to assist building good sceneries.
- Creating realistic catenary Part 1 - The first part of a guide showing how to build realistic catenary.
- Creating realistic catenary Part 2 - The second part of a guide showing how to build realistic catenary.
- Guidelines for placing We indicators - Information on where to place WE indicators and other markers for catenary lines.
- Information on switches and bolts
- External Links - helpful external sites helping with scenery building.
- Description of the *.sc file format - Information on the content and layout of *.sc files.
- Calculations for track system design - Information on necessary calculations for correct track length, curves and other variables.
- Assistant for creating sceneries - An external collection of tools helping with scenery creation.
- Keyboard shortcuts for the editor - List of keyboard shortcuts for the editor.
- Launcher - Manual for using the Launcher
- SCS - Comprehensive manual on using the Simulation Control Center (SCS).
- SPK - Comprehensive manual on using the SPK
- SWDR4 - Comprehensive manual for using the SWDR4
Tutorials on the forum
- There are currently no forum guides available.